At Lim Ing Haan Cardiology Clinic, we focus on all aspects of your preventive and treatment needs – from risk assessment and early screening to preventive cardiology utilising leading technology including 320 Slice Cardiac CT and Cardiac PET.
Screening is one of the methods used in diagnosing a sickness apart from the history provided and physical examinations. The main objective of screening is to detect illnesses at the earliest treatable stage and prevent further complications.
Screening comes in various forms:
1. Laboratory test
- commonly used to check blood chemistry, urine or other substances taken from the body. Laboratory test may include:
- Lipid panel (LDL-C,HDL-C, cholesterol, triglycerides)—a panel of tests that measure the amount and type of fats and fatty substance in the blood.
- hs-CRP—detects low levels of C-reactive protein. A protein your liver makes as a response to injury or infection which results in inflammation inside your body.
2. Imaging test
- Used to see what’s happening inside one’s body. Imaging test may include;
- Echocardiogram (echo) tests. This procedure enables heart specialists to study the structure of your heart, and how the heart and valves are working.
- Myocardial perfusion scans. This procedure is used to see how blood flows to the heart.
3. Genetic test
- Used to look for any inherited genetic disorders.
You don’t have to undergo all of it as the doctor will recommend which screening is appropriate for your heart concern. We need to take note that an individual’s needs for a specific screening test are based on the following attributes: age, gender and family history.
Our approach also encompasses advice on not just medications, but also cardiac rehabilitation, nutrition counselling, smoking cessation and other approaches to reducing cardiovascular risks.
Contact Heart specialist Lim Ing Haan at an Interventional Cardiology (heart & vascular) Clinic in Singapore immediately today for an accurate diagnosis.
Mon-Fri : 8.30am - 5.00pm
Sat : 8.30am - 12.30pm